Pages

Tuesday, 20 May 2014

Beauty: Make Up Haul


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Heat = £28
Revlon Powder Blush in Haute Pink = £7.99
Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub = £5.50
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in shade 20 = £5.99
Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Huckleberry £3.99
Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl = £18
Maxfactor Face Finity All Day Flawless Foundation in Beige = £11.99

So I've been a bit naughty recently and I've bought a fair few make up and skincare purchases, a few high end and also some drug store bits. Just thought I'd show you what I bought and you can expect some detailed reviews at a later date once I've had the chance to try them all out properly.


My all time favourite concealer is the Collection lasting perfection concealer, however I always find it so difficult to track down and when mine ran out I thought it was time to test out a new drug store concealer. I opted for the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in the Shade 20, which is definitely too dark for me. Although I haven't used it for too long. I'm not really impressed with it so far as I find it quite thick which is not the consistency I prefer in a concealer.

I love all of the Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Polishes, so I thought I'd try out a new pastel one for Summer so I went for the shade Huckleberry. I love this colour its the perfect pastel blue and I love the formula of these polishes.

I mentioned the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl in a previous post, however I did buy it this past month. Even though I haven't owned this long it's already made it into my top five lip products and I will definitely be buying these in more shades!!

I thought I'd try out a cheaper drug store foundation and the one I went for was Max Factor's Face Finity All Day Flawless Foundation in Beige, which I also mentioned in my Summer Daily Face. This claims to be a 3 in 1 foundation as its a primer, concealer and foundation all in one. Although I've only been using this a week, I really like the formula as it's really lightweight which is perfect for the warmer weather we've finally been getting!

Due to my love of wearing bright and matte lips at the moment, I find it essential to prep my lips first, which I've been doing with Lush's Bubblegum Lip Scrub. This helps to scrub dead skin of your lips to make applying your lipstick easier. It also smells of bubblegum and tastes like candyfloss, what more could you want? 







This month it was my 21st birthday and so of course I just couldn't resist buying myself a birthday present so headed straight to Space NK and fell in love with the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Heat. This is the most beautiful blush I have ever seen and I love the luxurious rose gold packaging and the colour is a gorgeous coral/pink, with a slight shimmer.

Finally, The Revlon Powder Blush in Haute Pink, is the perfect pop of pink for the Summer which I mentioned in my Summer Daily Face PostAlthough it looks really scary in the pan, it's just the right amount of pink once applied.



Are there any high end/ drug store products that you guys would recommend for me to try out? 

Bella Lulu Ink Blog