Pages

Friday, 16 May 2014

The Summer Daily Face



For my first daily face post I thought I'd show you a season appropriate look as I think this is perfect and simple for Spring/Summer when it's too hot to wear too much make up. It also features some new products which I've just started using and I'm really loving them already!





On a day to day basis I tend not to wear primer so after moisturiser I go straight to applying foundation and this is a new purchase which I'm already finding amazing it's the Maxfactor Face Finity All Day Flawless foundation in the shade Beige. This really does live up to its name and provides a flawless finish and is very lightweight and dewy so is perfect for this season. And I apply this with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. After that I go onto applying concealer, which I consider the most important step in my make up routine, so much so that I use two! I first of all apply Bobbi Brown's Creamy Concealer in the shade Ivory, under my eyes and then I apply Collection Lasting Perfection concealer, in the shade cool medium, where ever I have blemishes or red patches. I like to apply both these concealers with the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush. I then set my base with Mac's Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in the shade medium, and once this is done I move onto my brows. Once combed through I fill them in with Mac Omega eyeshadow using a Real Techniques Brow Brush. I'm not really an eyeshadow kinda girl and only really apply it if I'm going out so I keep my eyes simple. All I do is apply Rimmel Scandal Eyes Eyeliner in black under my my eye and then layer up the mascara, the one I'm currently using is Maybelline the Falsies, which I really love. I then apply a light dusting of bronzer which has to be the cult classic Nars Laguna, and this is done using the Real Techniques Contour Brush. And last but not least I apply blusher and the one I used today is also a new purchase for me which has recieved high praise from a number of beauty bloggers and it's the Revlon Powder Blush in Haute Pink (002). This colour does look scary in the pan but it's a perfect Spring/Summer pink and just gives your cheeks a healthy looking pink flush, which is really buildable. My most changed make up product is definitely lip products and this always depends on how I'm feeling on the day, but today I decided to go for YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in No. 15, which is just the perfect coral for daytime as its not matte and is instead really glossy which leaves the lips feeling nourished. Before applying this I like to use the Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub to make my lips smooth and ready to apply a lip product.

So this is my Spring daily face, any other recommendations for Spring beauty products?

Bella Lulu Ink Blog