Pages

Wednesday, 14 May 2014

The Top Five: Lip Products




So to start off my first blog post, I thought it would be only right to start of with my one true make up love: lip products! Every girl, or it may just be me, has that one product that they purchase each pay day, and for me I can't help but always end up buying a new lipstick. It doesn't matter what brand, high-end or drugstore, I'm just obsessed with lip products, which I'm sure you'll soon realise!



1. Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl - bold statement right there, but this is just 'the perfect red' well for me anyway! The formula is amazing, although they are matte, they aren't drying at all and are extremely long lasting! I will definitely be purchasing more colours - new found love!

2. YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick 15 - my go to everyday lipstick. It's a gorgeous peachy coral colour which isn't to bright, with a hint of shine which makes the lips feel nourished. It's so good that I'm close to the end *cry*


3. Revlon Colour Burst Matte Balm in Elusive (205) - great dupe for the Nars lip pencils and the colour range is amazing. Although these are very similar to the Nars lip pencils, I find that they aren't as long lasting, however you can't complain considering how much cheaper they are! This is a bright, somewhat 'bubblegum' pink but looks amazing paired with a simple face of make up.


4. MAC Coral Bliss - orange lip products have always been my favourite and this is another coral shade which is more pigmented than the YSL one but still leaves the lips feeling nourished due to its creamsheen formula.


5. Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Across the Universe (402) - At first I wasn't too keen on how intense the colour is but now I'm in love. This is another perfect red but in a glossy, lacquer form. The doe foot applicator makes for easy application, however I would suggest blotting your lips after application, as the awkward 'lipstick-on-your-teeth' moment has often happend to me with this one!



So that's it, my top five lip products. It was definitely a close call and I'm pretty surprised a nude didn't make the cut. I'm yet to find that 'my-lips-but-better' shade so I'd really appreciate some suggestions for this!! Also any recommendations in other shades in both the Nars and Revlon lip pencils?
Bella Lulu Ink Blog