Pages

Thursday, 26 June 2014

Beauty: Drugstore Summer Makeup Look




Following up from my last post I thought a simple drugstore Summer makeup look would be appropriate. During the Summer season I hate to wear a heavy face of makeup and instead I opt for a simple face of makeup, usually with a bright lip being the focus. 





After apply moisturiser and a primer, which I think is essential to helping makeup stay put in the hotter weather, I started with my favourite drugstore foundation Max Factor Facefinity All Day Flawless 3 in 1 Foundation, which I will stop confessing my love for! This was applied with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. Then using the Deluxe Crease Brush I applied Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer under my eyes, over my blemishes and in places which usually become red throughout the day, i.e: around the nose and chin. That's the base done! (Told you it was simple!)

Then I applied a light dusting of highlighter, from Sleek's Contour Kit in Light, onto my cheekbones and contoured my cheekbones using Bourjois Bronzing Powder. I also dusted this on my temples, down the nose and on my jawline to give a healthy glow to the skin. This was done using the Real Techniques Contour Brush. To set my makeup and prevent my face from becoming shiny throughout the day I applied Rimmel Clear Complexion Powder all over using the Real Techniques Buffing Brush.

Moving on to the eyes, I also like to keep them fairly simple during hotter days, opting for just a smidge of eyeliner and lashings of mascara. I usually prefer to wear brown eyeliner during Summer, so for this look I used Rimmel Scandal Eyes Eyeliner in Bronze and then added L'oreal Telescopic Mascara. Although I find Revlon's Brow Fantasy in Brunette a tad too dark for my eyebrows when using it lightly I can make it work and I really do think this is a great eyebrow product from the drugstore and would highly recommend! 

Last but not least for the bold lip! Before applying a bold lip colour I like to prep my lips using the Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub. The lip colour I chose for this look is a relatively new one to my collection and its Revlons Colourburst Matte Balm in Audacious. I've already fallen in love with this product as I think it's the perfect bright orange for Summer and although it's one of their matte balms once applied after a lipbalm it's not drying at all. 

So that's it my simple drugstore summer makeup look. Any other bold drugstore lipsticks you would recommend? 






Bella Lulu Ink Blog