Pages

Tuesday, 24 June 2014

Beauty: Drugstore Favourites

Next up is yet another makeup post and this time it's a round-up of my favourite makeup items from the drugstore. I am a high-end makeup lover but I do think you can also find some great makeup in the drugstore as well and I prefer to pair the two together.



A favourite drugstore makeup product post would not be complete without a mention of the Real Techniques Brushes, I love absolutely all of them but my favourite would have to be their Buffing Brush as its such a multi-use brush. My base favourites include a relatively new product, the Maxfactor Infinity All Day Flawless 3 in 1 Foundation, which I find provides a natural dewy coverage, and the well known Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer which I've repurchased countless times! For blushes I've narrowed it down to a favourite powder blush, the Revlon Haute Pink blush, wish provides a perfect flush of pink for Spring/Summer, and a cream blush, Topshop's Head over Heels, which is a natural peach shade. I haven't tried many highlighters from the drugstore but I do love the highlighter in the Sleek Contour Kit which I have in the shade Light. 


Now onto eye products...I've recently been trying out the Revlon Brow Fantasy in Brunette. I love the concept of this, one end is a waxy pencil and the other end is a coloured gel. I love the formula of both of these but feel the shade is a tad too dark for my eyebrows but nonetheless it's an amazing eyebrow product from the drugstore.  The Rimmel Scandal Eyes Eyeliner Pencils are hands down my all time favourite drugstore product, as they just do not budge throughout the day, and I have them in a few shades, including: Black, Nude and Bronze. I rarely wear liquid eyeliner but when I do it has to be in a felt tip form and current favourite is the Collection Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner. When it comes to mascara I always stick with drugstore versions and so there are a few I like but at the moment I've been loving Maybelline the Falsies Flared

Moving on to lip products, I'm definitely a high-end/MAC kind of girl so I don't really own many drugstore products. Out of the few I do the Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Let's get Naked and Revlon's Colourburst Lipgloss in Peony are among my favourites. As with the Real Techniques Brushes, no drugstore favorites would be complete without a mention of Barry M's Hi-Shine Nail Paints. I have several shades but my two favourites have to be Papaya and Lychee, which are just perfect for Spring/Summer. 


What drugstore makeup products would make it to your favourites list? 








Bella Lulu Ink Blog