Pages

Thursday, 8 January 2015

Beauty: Top 10 of 2014

I I thought I would supply my two cents on my favourite products of 2014, the 10  products that I couldn't have lived without this year.

favourite beauty 2014 YSL bobbi brown essie hourglass mac


 1. YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation -  £30.50
I think a good base will always make number 1 on my list of top products and this has been my favourite foundation ever since it was first launched back in 2012. I love the formula of this although it's a dewy and lightweight foundation it's still buildable to provide amazing coverage on those bad skin days. It's also incredibly long lasting.



2. Real Techniques Buffing Brush - part of the core collection £21.99
I love all real techniques brushes for the quality and the affordable price but their buffing brush has to be my favourite. I mainly use this brush for foundation but it's a versatile brush which can be used for a number of things.

3. Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer - £19
I've been usually this concealer for about 2 years now and I'm still just as obsessed with it and haven't tried another concealer since. Once applied it blends like a dream and doesn't look cakey or drying on the skin. I use it both to hide blemishes and to brighten and cover dark circles under the eye.

4. Mac Velvet Teddy - £15.50
I think a nude lipstick will probably feature in everyone's 2014 favourites due to Kylie Jenner's instagram posts and this one is my favourite pick of the bunch. It's described as a deep tone beige and it has to be the perfect nude for my skin tone and suits any make up look. This is a matte formula which isn't usually my favourite mac formula but I don't find this drying in the slightest!

5. Mac Mineralise Skin Finish - £23
I'm not a great fan of powder as I do prefer a more dewy look however this powder has changed my mind. This just helps to hold everything in place and limits the shine so is definitely needed for a day at work and a night out. One downside is the price, £23 is a bit excessive for a powder but it does work wonders.

swatches mac hourglass favourites 2014

(l to r) = Nars Dragon Girl, Mac Velvet Teddy, Hourglass Diffused Heat, Mac Blushbaby

6. Mac Blushbaby - £18
This is just the perfect subtle blush with just a hint of colour to be paired with a heavy eye or lip look. It's described as a beige-pink and is just the perfect blush all year round.

7. Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl - £18
 Just by looking at this lip pencil you can clearly see just how much I love it and that its been used to death this year. It's such a bold matte red, described by Nars as a vivid siren red, which I nearly always wear on an evening out. The one major downside is that it has to be sharpened which I find such a hassle!

8. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Diffused Heat - £28
I think just the packaging of this product is enough to make it feature in my top 10 of 2014 as it really is just beautiful. I'd describe this colour as a true pop of pink with a hint of coral. A little goes a long way with this product as it is really quite shimmer, but it blends like a dream and is quite sheer once applied to the cheek.

9. Charles Worthington Volume and Bounce Texturising Spray - £8.99
This has been the only hair product that I have used frequently in 2014 and even more so since going for the chop. My hair is rather thin and so this product just helps to make my hair appear thicker and give it more volume and texture. I've gone through a few of these now and I will keep repurchasing it as it's super affordable especially in comparison to similar products from the likes of Bumble and Bumble and Oribe.

10. Essie Set in a Cut Above and Fiji - £12.99
The combination of these two shades together really is beautiful and makes me feel polished! I only purchases this set in December, just in time for the festive season, and they've already fast become my two favourite nail polishes of last year. My favourite way to wear these is with a cut above (the glitter shade) all over my ring finger and then fiji on the rest of my nails.

So that's my round up of my top 10 beauty products of 2014. What would be your one favourite product of 2014?
Bella Lulu Ink Blog