Pages

Wednesday, 28 January 2015

Beauty: Coral Loving

When I first started to really get into makeup my favourite thing to buy and wear was a coral/peach lip. I literally did not own many pinks, reds or nudes as I would keep buying coral shades, I think I had a bit of a problem! However, with the latest obsession for nude lips obviously encouraged by none other than Kylie Jenner, my love for coral lips has fizzled out. So in a sort of shopping the stash I thought I would rekindle my love for coral lip colours and bring back the coral lip! 


coral lips coral lips


1. Mac Coral Bliss - £15.50
This is a gorgeous 'frosted light coral' and being a cremesheen formula it remains quite sheer but gives the perfect amount of colour and leaves your lips feeling nourished. In one of my earlier posts I stated that Mac Coral Bliss was my favourite Mac lipstick which was definitely a bold statement, showing just how much I loved this a while ago. I would say I now prefer my nude choices from Mac but I definitely want to start wearing Coral Bliss more and I may fall in love with it all over again! 

2. Mac Costa Chic - £15.50
This is a lot brighter than Mac Coral Bliss and is described as a 'bright pinky-orange'.This is a frost formula and does have quite a pearly finish. This is a very bright coral so can be a bit over powering but does look nice paired with a simple make up look. However, I would say that Mac Coral Bliss is definitely my favourite of the two as it's more of a wearable shade. 

3. Topshop Whimsical - £8
I'd describe this as a nude coral shade. And like I said in my post about Topshop's make up, although I love the colour of this lipstick I'm not a great fan of the formula. It's a velvet formula but I find it very drying on the lips and can't be worn if your lips are chapped! 

4. Revlon ColourBurst Matte Balm in Audacious - £7.99
Now this one is definitely the brightest and most vibrant out of my coral collection and due to this I tend not to wear it that often. It's super pigmented and lasts so well throughout the day. This shade is definitely a Summer shade and does look great paired with a natural make up look ad the colour really does stand out! Despite not being a great fan of the colour the formula of these are great and I do want to try out more in the range!  

5. Revlon ColourBurst Lip Gloss in Peony - £6.99
I can't believe I forgot about this gem! This is one of the only lip glosses I own and the formula is amazing as it's not sticky at all which is what I normally associate with lipglosses. The colour of this is a very subtle peach shade with little flecks of gold glitter. Its quite sheer with only a hint of colour and so is a really natural everyday lipgloss. 

6. YSL Rouge Volupte Shine No. 15 - £25
These next two are great for a luxe version of the coral lip, I mean isn't that packaging just beautiful! And you can tell I love them seeing as I've bought two very similar shades in them. No. 15 is a very sheer light peachy coral and just adds a lovely shine to the lips. I find myself wearing this one throughout the Summer as it's such a perfect shade of coral and leaves my lips feeling lovely as the formula is really moisturising. One thing I would say about the YSL Rouge Volupte Shine is that they are not very long lasting and I find myself having to apply this a lot throughout the day. So much so that this is one of the only lipsticks that I completely finished and so I'm already onto my second one! 

7. YSL Rouge Volupte Shine No. 16 - £25
This is the same formula as the previous one so I won't say too much about it. They really do provide a lovely sheer finish to the lips which isn't normally my favourite lip formula but these YSL Rouge Volupte Shine have converted me. This is another fairly bright coral which I wound describe as a darker coral and nearer to the tangerine/red side of things. 

Do you enjoy wearing coral shades on the lips? Or are you completely obsessed with the current nude lip craze?
Bella Lulu Ink Blog