Pages

Tuesday, 27 January 2015

Beauty: My Nars Eyeshadow Collection

I'm still some what a newbie where it comes to the whole eyeshadow thing! I only started buying and consistently wearing eyeshadow towards the end of last year but it's safe to say I now rarely go a day without wearing eyeshadow! Aside from my beloved Urban Decay Naked 1 Palette, my second eyeshadow loves are those from Nars. Although I only have a small collection of Nars eyeshadows I really love the quality and the colour range of them, however they are fairly expensive! Despite the price I do really love them so I thought why not share them with you today! 


Nars eyeshadows single duo shimmer kalahari silk road mekong



1. Nars Single Eyeshadow in Mekong - £18
This is a very deep chocolate brown shimmery eyeshadow which does look slightly scary in the pan. It's described as 'espresso infused with gold' which perfectly describes it. It's such a rich chocolate brown shade which can be applied all over the lid for a dark smokey eye which is perfect for an evening out especially due to the subtle glitter running through it. However, I would say this shadow is a bit too intense to wear in the day and is definitely just an evening out eyeshadow for me. 

2. Nars Duo Eyeshadow in Silk Road - £25
This is such a pretty, natural and subtle eyeshadow duo. The first shade is a light shimmer pink/peach shade and the second is a rose gold shade also containing gold shimmer flecks. I love wearing either of these shades separately all over the eye for a lovely subtle but shimmery wash of colour. However, one thing I would say is that although I love the colour of this eyeshadow duo I would say in comparison to my other Nars eyeshadows there is not as much colour pay off with Silk Road and I really do have to keep pressing on the colour to make it look more intense. 

3. Nars Duo Eyeshadow in Kalahari - £25
Kalahari is definitely my favourite pick of the bunch when it comes to my Nars eyeshadow collection as the colours are so wearable. The first shade i'd describe as a pure gold and is slightly metallic and shimmery but with no actual flecks of glitter. The second shade is a perfect brown metallic shade but is not shimmery, described by Nars as 'sugared cocoa'. This is sucha wearable eyeshadow duo which can definitely be worn both in the daytime and in the evening. The colours are fairly sheer but the colour pay off is great so they are buildable. 

nars eyeshadow duos shimmer swatches
(l to r) - Mekong, Silk Road 1 and 2, Kalahari 1 and 2

Have you tried any Nars eyeshadows? Which Nars eyeshadow would you recommend for me to try next?
Bella Lulu Ink Blog