Pages

Saturday, 3 January 2015

Beauty: What I Got for Christmas

This year the majority of my Christmas wish list was made up of beauty products, which I have been lusting after for ages. So I thought I'd share with you and give a brief review of what I received.

Naked 1 Palette Urban Decay Nars Silk Road Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Amazing Grace Mac 217

First up is the Naked 1 Palette by Urban Decay. I've wanted this palette for ages but haven't been a big eyeshadow wearer so always felt that this product would be wasted on me. However, since recieving this for Christmas I have used this prety much everyday and it's safe to say I'm now loving using and experimenting with eyeshadows. I'm sure everyones read a 1,001 reviews about the Naked 1 palette but it really is an amazingly versatile palette with matte and glittery eyeshadows which help create looks for the day and the night. My most used shades so far have been: Sidecar, Half Baked, Toasted and Hustle.
Another eyeshadow product I received was Nars Duo Eyeshadow in Silk Road. These two eyeshadows really are beautiful and when applied provide a really subtle eyeshadow look. Both shades are shimmery but not in an OTT way. The first shade is an icy pink and the second shade is rose gold with golden flecks. I would highly recommend trying this shade out if like me you're trying to get more into using eyeshadow.



To go along with these two products I also got two Mac 217 brushes. I'd read great reviews about this brush and it has definitely lived up to these. This brush really does help to blend eyeshadow out seamlessly and has really helped me out being a eyeshadow newbie.  

The one product I've been lusting after for ages is Charlotte Tilbury's Matte Revolution Lipsticks (well anything from her makeup range really!!) and for Christmas I was lucky enough to recieve the shade Amazing Grace. This shade is described as a tea rose and is part of her Uptown Girl inspired make up look. I am in love with both the colour and the formula of this lipstick and there will be a more detailed review coming up.

Lastly, as something a little bit different I got the Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual book. This is a great beauty book for makeup beginners and for more experienced make up users. It literally covers the whole makeup spectrum and is a great read, I haven't even scratched the surface of this book yet.

So there you have it, those were the main beauty products I recieved for Christmas. If you would like a more detailed review of any of these products just leave me a comment! What were your favourite Christmas beauty presents?
Bella Lulu Ink Blog