Pages

Monday, 19 January 2015

Beauty: Best of Topshop's Make Up Range

Topshop make up range, sunbeam, whimsical, velveteen ribbon, secretary

I'm a big fan of Topshop make up but I feel it's often under rated as it doesn't get a lot of attention in the blogging community. I find Topshop make up is amazing quality, includes such a wide range of products and all of this is at such reasonable and affordable prices! So today's post is the low down of my favourite picks from Topshop's make up range. 




1. Topshop Lips in Secretary - £8.00
I won't talk about this product too much as I featured this in my previous Nude Lips post. However, this is an amazing light nude beige, which is perfect for helping to create that highly coveted Kylie Jenner lip. The consistency is super creamy which leaves the lips feeling nourished. This is a fairly new release to Topshop's make up range but if you're going to try anything I would highly recommend this lipstick! 

2. Topshop Velvet Lips in Velveteen Ribbon -  £10.00
This is definitely a new kind of lipstick formula as I've never tried anything quite like it! It's similar to a liquid lipstick, with a similar consistency to Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipsticks, however it has a much more powdery and soft formula. I personally love the formula of this as it's so lightweight it feels like you have nothing on the lips and it's lasting power is phenomenal. This lasts on me all day and I literally have to scrub it off the lips with make up remover! I would describe this as a deep wine coloured red and looks amazing for an evening out paired with a simple contoured make up look. This also comes in the shade Blood Orange which I think is next on my Topshop make up wishlist. 

3. Topshop Blush in Head Over Heels - £7.00
The Topshop blush range is truly something special as it has such a unique formula. It has a very lightweight consistency and it's a cream to powder blush. This makes it super easy to blend and can either look really sheer on the skin or can be build up for a bright pop of colour. This is a gorgeous coral peach shade and although it looks scary in the pan, when applied with my Real Techniques Stippling Brush it applies the perfect amount of colour to the cheeks with a sheer finish. 

4. Topshop Blush in Flush - £7.00
All the above applies for this blush too however it's a pure pink shade, which gives the perfect pop of colour to the cheek and leaves (as the name suggests) a natural flushed look to the complexion. 

5. Topshop Lipstick in Whimsical - £8.00
This is a gorgeous nude coral lipstick and is the perfect shade for Spring/Summer. Although the colour of this is amazing I'm not a great fan of the formula. It's described as a velvet finish lipstick but I find it very drying on the lips and avoid wearing it when I have chapped lips. It's definitely a good idea to apply lip balm under this lipstick to create a smoother surface for the lipstick. 

6. Topshop Highlighter in Sunbeam - £10.00
This is a beautiful yellow based highlighter. It looks scary in the pan and I would say do not go in heavy handed on this product! As it's a yellow toned highlight, to make it look natural it's best to go in lightly with a small amount of product. But when you get this right it leave a beautiful shimmer to the cheekbones. 


(l to r) - Highlighter in Sunbeam, Blush in Head over Heels, Blush in Flush, Lipstick in Whimsical, Lipstick in Secretary, Velvet Lips in Velveteen Ribbon 

Have you tried anything from Topshop's make up range? If so what products would you recommend that I should try out next?
Bella Lulu Ink Blog