Pages

Sunday, 25 January 2015

Beauty: The Perfect Base

For me the most important make up quest a girl undertakes is trying to find their perfect base and I think I may have found my personal favourite base routine. Personally I am a big fan of the dewy skin look with a lightweight foundation. I also tend to go all out on the concealer as I do prefer a completely flawless base. So here's the products I use to achieve my perfect base.


perfect base products YSL real techniques bobbi brown mac


First up I like to prime the skin using Laura Mercier Radiance Primer. I've tried a few primers but this one's my personal favourite is the radiance primer as it provides a healthy glow to the skin and is therefore the first step in helping to achieve a dewy base. Next up is foundation and you may know by now that my personal favourite is YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation. This is a super lightweight foundation and provides a sheer and natural finish to the skin, yet it's still also really buildable to provide a heavier coverage on those bad skin days we all get! I like to apply this with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush as it also helps to create a medium coverage and flawless base. 

Next is onto concealer which I'm a big lover of and is probably my favourite stage in my make up application. I do tend to use a few different concealers as I find certain concealers better at doing certain jobs but I've now narrowed it down to just two. First of all I use Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer as the name would suggest this is a creamy and thick concealer which helps to hide a multitude of sins! I like to use a small amount of this under the eyes, to cover redness around my nose and on my chin and also on blemishes. Next up I then use YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch to conceal and also to highlight. This helps to hide dark circles and add light and radiance to the complexion. I like to use this under my eyes applying it in a triangle shape and then above my eyebrows, along the middle of my nose and on my cupids bow to add light. I like to apply both of these with the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush as it's small enough to blend concealer in the places you need it. After this my final step in achieving my perfect base is to powder my t-zone and under my eye area using Mac Mineralise Skin Finish Natural. I use powder to help keep things in place and to stop added shine, however I only use a small amount in order to keep the dewy and natural looking finish to the skin. 

So there you have it those are the products I use to achieve my perfect base. Have you found the products you need to create your perfect base? What base products would you recommend trying out?
Bella Lulu Ink Blog