Pages

Saturday, 21 February 2015

Beauty: The Dolce Vita Palette - Make Up Looks

If you have read my Charlotte Tilbury and What I got for Christmas posts then you would have realised just how much I love Charlotte Tilbury's make up range. I first got Charlotte Tilbury's Matte Revolution Lipstick in Amazing Grace for Christmas and since that moment it's been love at first sight! I'd always been lusting after Charlotte Tilbury's Dolce Vita Palette, but due to the hefty price tag I'd always resisted. However, with Selfridges discount at Christmas I decided to finally take the plunge and purchase the Dolce Vita Palette and oh boy am I glad I did and was left wondering what took me so long?!
Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita Palette

Overview
I've seen Charlotte Tilbury's Dolce Vita Palette feature a huge amount in blogger wishlists and talked about a lot in blogger twitter chats, however due to the price tag (£38) I think many people are reluctant to buy it. So due to this and my love for this palette I thought I'd do a rather in depth review into the highly lusted after Dolce Vita Palette so you can all decide whether you really do need it or not. 
Charlotte Tilbury's make up range is based on 10 iconic looks, which each represent a different woman. The Dolce Vita Palette therefore is the look of the Dolce Vita women who Charlotte Tilbury describes as a woman who 'lives a life of luxury, pleasure and indulgence.' Due to this I find the Dolce Vita Palette provides the perfect make up look for a special occasion, however it is extremely versatile and wearable. This is achieved due to this palette being  easy to use as they are colour-coded, with all four eyeshadows complimenting each other and can be used to create a complete 'desk to disco' eye look. 

Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita Palette

The Shades
Now to describe the four shades, going from the top left clockwise! The first shade in the palette I would describe as a very pale, shimmery pink. It's very shimmery but its not OTT and still looks subtle when applied to the eye. This shade is meant to be used first to prime the eye. The second shade is a gorgeous cranberry, rusty colour, which is pretty similar to Mac's Cranberry but I think there's more of a brown hue to this one. This is the shade which is meant to enhance the eye look. Third up is a deep, dark brown, which can look scary in the pan but looks great when blended out and gives a really smoky look to the eye which is exactly what this shade is meant to do, smoke! Lastly, it has to be my favourite shade of the lot a metallic gold with contains chunks of gold glitter. This is meant to make the look pop and boy does it achieve this! If you'd like to see swatches then just click here

The Looks

Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita Palette - make up looks

I love this first look as a day time look. To achieve this I used the two top shades from Charlotte Tilbury's Dolce Vita Palette, the shades meant to prime and enhance the eyes, which I used in the outer corners. It's such a simple look but still looks like a lot of effort has gone into it. 

The second look is quite a glitzy look which would be great for an evening out. To achieve this look I took the same steps as I used in the first look but to finish the look off I applied the gold glitter shade on top to really make the look pop! I think this shade is great to change your look from daytime to night time.

 I think my third and final look is my favourite out of the three. For this I also started by doing the same steps as I used in look 1, applying the prime shade all over the eye and the enhance shade in the outer corners. After this I then applied the dark brown, smoke shade also in the outer corners of the eye and blended this out to leave a smokey finish. I also applied this dark brown shade under the eye area to really leave a smokey look, which is perfect for an evening out! 

Overview
Overall, I am a massive fan of Charlotte Tilbury's Dolce Vita Palette and would highly recommend trying it out! Although at £38 it's pretty expensive for just 4 eyeshadows, the quality is amazing. I think it's a great palette that you can take with you on the go and it can be used to create daytime and evening looks. I also think the colours would suit most people and I also find the colours are perfect for making blue eyes pop! And as an added bonus to the amazing shades, isn't the packaging just beautiful!


Hope you enjoyed seeing an in-depth review of Charlotte Tilbury's Dolce Vita Palette! What are your thoughts? Do you like the looks I achieved? Have you tried this or any other products from the Charlotte Tilbury make up range? 
Bella Lulu Ink Blog