Pages

Tuesday, 24 February 2015

Beauty: Mac Eyeshadow Quad


Mac Eyeshadow Quad - jest, mythology, soba, sable
Mac Eyeshadow Quad - jest, mythology, soba, sable

Mac Eyeshadow Quad - jest, mythology, soba, sable

Mac Eyeshadow Quad - jest, mythology, soba, sable

Mac Eyeshadow Quad - jest, mythology, soba, sable
 ( l to r ) - Jest, Mythology, Soba and Sable



It has to be said that Mac have an amazing selection of make up. What ever make up product you could want, in what ever shade, you can bet Mac stock it! And they particularly have an amazing eyeshadow collection, with what seems like an endless amount of shades. Due to this I thought a customised Mac Eyeshadow Quad would be the perfect addition to my make up collection. I only previously had one Mac Eyeshadow, Cranberry, but picking four eyeshadows for my quad proved difficult as I wanted to pick the perfect shades, that were completely different to the ones I currently owned. It's safe to say I did a far bit of research and looked at numerous swatches and finally made my decision! The four I finally picked were: Jest, Mythology, Soba and Sable. I haven't had this palette long but I thought I'd give you my first thoughts on them!
 


Jest - This is a gorgeous soft peachy/pink chade which contains icy shimmer. Jest is the first of two frost formulas in my Mac Eyeshadow Quad. Frost formulas have small specks of shimmer and have an overall shiny finish. Jest is quite a subtle frost shade and gives a really nice and subtle sheen to the eye. So far I'm finding it a great shade for the inner part of the eye.

Mythology - This is a pure copper shade and it's a lustre finish so it's super shimmery. As Mythology is a lustre finish it contains fairly big chunks of glitter which gives it an overall glittery and frosty finish. This is nothing like any other shade I currently own! It's such a gorgeous shade for an evening/night out as it really does stand out and just looks great all over the eye.
 
Soba - Of course there would have to be one neutral shade in my palette, and this is a golden brown shade with slight golden shimmer. Soba is a satin finish, which I think is my favourite finish as it's in between a matte and a frost finish. Satin finishes can vary between shades but I'd say that Soba has a slight sheen to it rather than being glittery. I knew my Mac Quad would have to contain a brown toned shade, and I'm surprised it ended up being just the one! There are so many brown shades from Mac that it took me a while to choose Soba and it's the one shade in the palette that I'm not too sure of yet as it's not very pigmented. I'll let you know if my opinion changes on this!
 
Sable - now this is definitely my favourite of the bunch and I wouldn't know how to describe this! So again I'll let Mac do the honours, and they describe Sable as a golden plum shade with bronze pearl. It's another frost formula. It's the perfect colour for those rushed mornings before work as Sable is the perfect to just sweep all over the lid. This is just a one-wash wonder, I am just obsessed with it and even when used on it's own it still looks like a lot of effort has been put in! 

What are your favourite Mac Eyeshadows? Would you consider putting together your own Mac Eyeshadow Quad?  
Bella Lulu Ink Blog