Pages

Sunday, 1 February 2015

Review: Benefit Roller Lash Mascara

It's safe to say I was rather excited to get my hands on this month's Elle magazine and although I love the magazine itself, I was definitely more excited about the free sample of Benefits new Roller Lash mascara, which hasn't even been released yet! When it comes to mascara I never really splurge and prefer to stick to drug store mascaras as I think they have some great ones on offer! However, I thought I'd give Benefit's Roller Lash mascara a go as I've heard some great things about it! 

Benefit Roller Lash Mascara Review
Benefit Roller Lash Mascara Review
Benefit Roller Lash Mascara Review
Benefit Roller Lash Mascara Review

So just from reading the box alone it makes some impressive claims:
- 97% of women said it visibly lifts lashes
- 87% said it gives long-lasting curl
- 94% said eyes look more wide open


After researching Benefit's Roller Lash Mascara on the Benefit website I learnt a bit more about the mascara. The Roller Lash Mascara is styled on velcro hair rollers (hence the name), and so the wand has small hooks which grabs and curls the lashes. Benefit have been developing their Roller Lash Mascara for four years and claim that it will hold the curl for up to 12 hours, which is really impressive! 

These are pretty impressive claims, but on first impressions, I would definitely agree with these claims! This mascara really does have great curling power, even without using eyelash curlers. It really holds on to lashes and not only does it curl but it extremely lengthens the lashes. This contributes to an eye lifting and eye opening effect. I would also agree that it holds a lash for a really long time as my lashes remained curled all day. As of yet I've only tried Benefit's Roller Lash Mascara twice but I'm already really impressed with it and would say it's definitely better than any other mascara I've previously tried. After only trying this twice I am already considering splurging on mascara for the first time ever and buying the Roller Lash Mascara when it's officially released!  

The Roller Lash Mascara will be officially launched by Benefit in March and will be priced at £19.50 But if you can't wait till then to test this gem out then head on down to your local shop to get March's Elle edition, which is out now, priced at only £4! 

Have you got your hands on Elle's free sample of Benefit's Roller Lash Mascara? What are your first impressions?
Bella Lulu Ink Blog