Pages

Sunday, 8 February 2015

Valentine's Edit: Make Up Look

This is gonna be the first of my three Valentine's themed posts and this one will feature a make up look that I think would be perfect for Valentine's day. I would warn you though, if your not a big fan of pink then look away now as this look features a lot of pink tones! I mean it's only right, it is Valentine's day after all! Although I'm single (booo!) and am without any Valentine's day plans, (don't pity me I will be at home with my two favourite guys, Ben and Jerrys!) I think this look would be appropriate for a Valentine's date or to just wear on the day in general.

Valentine's day make up look
Valentine's day make up look
Valentine's day make up look

Valentine's day make up look
Valentine's day make up look


Valentine's day make up look
(L to R) Mac Dollymix blusher, Naked 1: Sin, Sidecar and Toasted, Channel Rouge Coco Shine in Secret

First off I primed the skin using Laura Mercier's Radiance Primer as this gives a dewy finish to the skin and is my favourite combination when paired with my all time favourite foundation YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation. For concealer I went for two as I think concealer is the most important and favourite part of my make up routine. I like to pop Rimmel's Wake Me Up Concealer under my eyes as I find it really brightens up the under eye area and then I pop Bobbi Brown's Creamy Concealer on any red patches and any blemishes.

To bronze my face I went for my trusty Nars Laguna, although this hasn't featured much on my blog yet this is one of my favourite products. I just find it the perfect shade to leave a subtle bronze to the skin. I opted for quite a bright pink, Mac's Dollymix, which does look really scary in the pan and does need to be applied with a light hand. I love this shade when applied lightly to the skin as it leaves such a pretty pop of pink with a hint of shimmer, which means theres no need for highligher. To hold all this in place and to keep out shine I applied Mac Mineralsie Skinfinish Natural mainly to my t-zone.

I filled my eyebrows in using Mac Omega Eyeshadow as it matches my brows perfectly. For my eyes I opted for Urban Decay's Naked 1 Palette, I love this palette as you can achieve so many different looks with it! I first applied Sin, a pale metalic pink, all over the lid and then popped Sidecar, a light shimmery dusky pink, on the middle of my eyelid. I then applied Toasted, a darker shimmery pink, in the outer corner and crease. This is therefore quite a pink shimmery eye look and I don't think you can get much girlier than this look! For mascara I just had to use my new favourite mascara Benefit's Roller Lash Mascara which I've recently done a review of which you can see here.

Before applying lip products I used Lush's Bubblegum Lip Scrub. I mean it is Valentine's day and if your going on a date then chapped lips is not a good look!I chose to wear Channel's Rouge Coco Shine in Secret which is a pale subtle pink shade. It's a sheer and hydrating lipstick so would be great for Valentine's day!

So that's my Valentine's make up look, what do you think? Have you got any plans for Valentine's day? Keep your eyes peeled for the next edition of the Valentine's edit!

Bella Lulu Ink Blog