Pages

Thursday, 26 March 2015

The Concealer Lowdown

It has to be said that one of my favourite products to use is definitely concealer and on a day to day basis I do like to use more than one! Due to this I have a fair few concealers in my collection, so today I thought I'd talk you through them and which ones I find best for what purpose!

concealer lowdown - maybelline, ysl, bobbi brown, rimmel and benefit
concealer lowdown - maybelline, ysl, bobbi brown, rimmel and benefit
concealer lowdown - maybelline, ysl, bobbi brown, rimmel and benefit


First up is Bobbi Brown's Creamy Concealer which is my favourite concealer of the lot! I have this in the shade Ivory and it's the perfect match for my skin! As the name would suggest it's super creamy and blends so easily. It's a great all round concealer as it works to lighten the under eye area, as well as cover blemishes and red patches.

My latest concealer find is Maybelline Instant Anti-Age the Eraser Eye and this is thanks to the likes of Amelia and Estee who have raved about it and now I know why. It's got quite a thick consistency but blends like a dream! I've got the shade nude and I find it the perfect match for me! I prefer to use this concealer more for blemishes and red patches, as I find it too thick for under the eye as it can end up looking a tad cakey.

YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch Highlighting Pen will always be a favourite of mine! This is the perfect mix of concealer and highlighter in a super easy to use pen formula. I like to apply this in a triangle underneath my eye to illuminate and light up the face and it's the perfect addition to my make up routine for an evening out.

One of the first concealers I bought was Benefit Erase Paste and if I remember correctly Zoella was big fan of this at the time but it's safe to say I never use this now! I do still think this is a great concealer but it's just not the best fit for what I'm currently looking for in a concealer. It's super thick and provides full coverage which means it is great for hiding blemishes wihout leaving the skin looking cakey.

A concealer which I wasn't a massive fan of is the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, but I'm not to sure whether this is just due to the shade I went for as I find it way to yellow for the skin. I also find that it doesn't blend as easily as the other concealers I own.  

If you're looking for a great under eye drugstore concealer than I'd highly recommend the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer. It does exactly what it says on the tin and leaves you looking much more awake after application. It's very full coverage but doesn't look cakey under the eye. It's also great for blemishes and red patches but I do usually stick to using this to help lighten up the under eye area.

Overall, if I had to narrow it down, my ultimate concealer favourites would have to be: Bobbi Brown's Creamy Concealer, as a great all round concealer, YSL's Touche Eclat Highlighting Pen, for a great concealer and highlighting pick and Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser, for a great drugstore concealer!
Bella Lulu Ink Blog