Pages

Thursday, 27 August 2015

A Drugstore Back to School Make Up Look


A Drugstore Back to School Make Up Look - Maybelline, Max factor, Bourjois, Kiko
A Drugstore Back to School Make Up Look - Maybelline, Max factor, Bourjois, Kiko
A Drugstore Back to School Make Up Look - Maybelline, Max factor, Bourjois, Kiko

 It's that time of year again when everyone is getting ready to going back to school/college or university. So I thought considering the time of year a 'Back to School Make Up Look' would be apt. For this make up look I will be featuring all drugstore products as why waste your good make up for just going to school! It's also a super quick, easy and simple look, using a small handful of products so will only take you about five minutes when your in a rush in the morning! 

Base
So to start of with a simple natural base I would go for Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation. The gel formula means it's easy to blend and gives a natural finish to the skin so it's perfect for a school day. It's a light foundation and gives a dewy finish and claims to give a radiance boost for up to 16 hours which always comes in handy! For concealer I'd go for a great all round concealer such as Maybelline Age Rewind Eraser Eye Concealer. I wont go on to much about this one as I featured it in my 'Concealer Lowdown' post. However, it's especially great for covering under eye bags, which I guess is essential for all those early school mornings!  
 

Face
For an everyday look I like to use Maybelline Face Master Sculpt as it's the perfect contouring shade, not too muddy in colour and not shimmery. As this is a school look I would personally only use a slight contour to the cheekbones and temples and would skip the highlighter step for a natural everyday look. For blush I'd go for Max Factor Creme Puff Blusher in Nude Mauve. Nude Mauve is a pretty pale pink with a hint of a brown undertone. It leaves the skin with a really natural and healthy glow and goes with almost any make up look. 


Eyes
For eye's I'd keep it simple by using only one product such as Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow in 07 Golden Beige. Due to being a cream stick eyeshadow it's super easy to apply so can be applied on the go if you're in a rush as it doesn't require a brush to apply. It's a light gold shade but not too shimmery so is great for a day time look. It's also super long lasting, claiming to last up to 8 hours, so will see you through a whole school day! For mascara I'd go for the Maybelline the Falsies Mascara great as it not only  fans out lashes but also adds loads of volume without clumping. I personally would leave my lips with just lip balm on for a school day but it's completely up to you! 


So that's my drugstore back to school make up look. I think it's the perfect go-to school look as it's super simple and super natural so wont look too OTT for a day at school! Have you tried any of these products? What products do you like wearing to school/college or university? 
Bella Lulu Ink Blog