Pages

Tuesday, 25 August 2015

Beauty: One Sweep Saviors


eyeshadow, mac, charlotte tilbury, topshop, maybelline
eyeshadow, mac, charlotte tilbury, topshop, maybellineeyeshadow, mac, charlotte tilbury, topshop, maybelline

Everyone has them days where they want to go for a quick and easy make up look! Even if you're addicted to make up (I'm guessing like most of you reading are) sometimes you just need to turn to that fail safe make up look that is the quickest to create. Cue those one sweep eyeshadow saviors. We all have them shadows you can pack on, blend out with your trusty Mac 217 brush and you're good to go! Here's my pick of my one sweep eyeshadow favourites for every occasion. 

1. Mac Sable
Sable is the first of my two Mac eyeshadows making an appearance in this post! Sable is a tricky one to try and describe but I'd say it is a golden plum shade with a bronze undertone. It's such a pretty shade which I think would be universally flattering on all skin tones. 

2. Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze
This is the first of my three cream eyeshadow picks as I just think they are the best formula for an easy, simple eye look, which is also super long lasting. As the name would suggest this is a gorgeous bronze gold shade with a beautiful frosted sheen to it. I think this is great for both a day or a night time look as it can be played up or played down. I would say that out of all the cream options this is the least creamy of the bunch but despite this it is still very blendable! 

3. Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerise in Marie Antoinette 
This one is for sure my favourite of the bunch and the newest addition to my collection! Its a gorgeous oyster golden shade, with a hint of bronze to it. My favourite thing about this product is the formula as it's not like anything I've tried before! It's a 'cream-to-sheen' formula and so it's so easy to apply and blend and once applied gives a sheen to the eye, so much so it can look slightly wet. It's quite a metallic shade so I prefer it for more of a night time shade. It really is stunning in terms of shade and formula and I 100% want to try more shades in these!

4. Mac Cranberry 
This is the slightly out there shade of the bunch, which I've just rekindled my love for. As the name suggests this is a deep cranberry colour and adds a pop to a simple make up look. It can look quite scary in the pan but it looks great when swept over the eye and blended out. It's especially great at making blue eyes pop! 

5. Topshop Nude Eyes in Naked
This doesn't look much in the pot but creates such a simple, everyday eye look. It's another cream formula with the creamiest texture which leaves it super blendable. Naked is a light brown shade with an orange undertone. This shade is similar to what I imagine the colour of Soft Brown by Mac to be like. This looks great swept all over the eyelid or just blended out in the crease to add some definition. 

So what are your go to eyeshadows for an easy one sweep eye look? I'm always looking for new options to try! 

Bella Lulu Ink Blog